Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pinterest Party!!

Yep... that's right... I just had a Pinterest Party at my house!!
A few girlfriends came over to my place to make food and crafts that were inspired by the Pinterest website.
We started off by going to Hobby Lobby to pick up a few items, then went to a thrift store where a few treasures were found (along with some stellar Christmas sweaters that will be worn for parties this season)
Once we had out supplies we came back to the house, ate some lunch and got to work

PROJECT #1 Christmas Ball Bundle
      My friend Emily had this idea and all you do is take Christmas balls of various sizes (and jingle bells optional) and tie them on a decorative cord. Tie the biggest ones at the top and work your way down to smaller ones. Super cute!!


Sorry I can't figure out how to rotate them the right direction!

PROJECT #2 Scrapbook Paper Bags
     This one was from my friend Michaela. Take 12x12 scrapbook paper, and by folding/cutting/taping in the right spots you come up with a cute gift bag. (I can't explain how to make them in writing, but it was pretty simple and fun!)


PROJECT #3 Clothes Pin Wreaths
      I forgot to take a picture of the ones we made, but my friend Tessa took a coat hanger and bent it into a circle. Then she spray painted clothes pins green and alternated the pins with beads around the wire hanger. In the end it looked like a Christmas wreath. She is going to put a bow at the top, then use the clothes pins to hold cards and different things. Genius!

Sample pic, (not ours)


FOOD:
     Chili
     Fruit Pizza
     Phyllo Dough Veggie/Cheese Wrap
     Cornbread Muffins with Honey-butter

All in all it was a fun crafty day and I really enjoyed seeing my gal pals and being crafty! I will make another post with recipes of the food, but for now this girl has to get to be so I can get up early for work tomorrow. Goodnight!



1 comment:

  1. LOVED the Pinterest party, it was STELLAR good times and the food was delish! I see Pinterest party 2 in January being a definite must!

    ReplyDelete