Thursday, March 15, 2012

Awesome Weather & Grilling!

The past few days have been BEAUTIFUL!! Temps in the high 70's with a slight breeze and sunny... IN MARCH IN THE MIDWEST! Crazy! Birds are singing, the heat in the house is turned off, windows are open, grass is growing, I am able to run outside without a coat on. Everything is just putting me in a good mood :)

To make things even better, we broke out the grill after having it covered up all winter! YAY! On Tuesday I marinated some chicken breasts and made potato and onion foil packets for the grill. It all turned out very moist and yummy (I used a chipotle lime marinade).

Then, yesterday, Brandon made "Juicy Lucy" burgers. These are pretty much taking 2 thin layers of meat and putting a stack of cheese in the middle, then sealing the edges. The result is a hamburger patty with a pocket of melty-ooy-gooy-delicious cheese in the middle. They turned our really well! I love grilling :)

2 comments:

  1. Brian and I want to go to Minneapolis and try the Juicy/Jucy Lucy's at the 2 restaurants there that compete for who started the tradition! YOU COMING!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a must! Let me know when you want to take that road trip!!

    ReplyDelete