Sunday, August 19, 2012

GLOW RUN 5K

Chase, Richelle, Amy, & Brandon... Glow Run 2012, "Team Ermahgerd" :)

 Ok, not a post about baking but.... I RAN MY FIRST 5K!!

It was the Glow Run in Omaha, NE with my hubby and a few good friends. The race started at 8:40PM and everybody was decked out in glow-sticks, neon clothing, glow paint, glitter, etc. I even got Brandon some gloves with sequins and light up finger tips! :)

My first goal was to run the whole race without walking
My second goal was to run it with an 11 minute mile pace

I met both goals and finished with a time of 29:10 (chip time) and getting the overall 1268th place out of +3500, and 204th out of 513 in my age group. YAY!! It was insane that so many people showed up. I actually didn't even cross the "starting line" until the race was about a minute and a half in... there were THAT many people in front of me!! CRAZY! Along the route there were "glow stations" which were groupings of black lights that you could run under and really see the glowing goodness!
I had glow bracelets, necklace, ear rings, face paint, neon fishnets, glow nail polish, lipstick, and of course the bright orange hair :) It looks fun in the pictures, but even better under the black lights!


Getting pumped up before the race
Post race with our medals!
 This was an awesome experience and I am so glad I got to do this with such wonderful people. This morning Brandon and I actually signed up for a couple more 5Ks in the coming months. The next one will be at the end of September and is a "Halloween Fun Run", so we will have to think of costumes. The other is in November and is called the "Beer and Bagel Run". It is actually a little over 4 miles instead of a 5K and is more of a tail run rather than pavement.

PS: Shout out to my Sister-in-law and a bunch of friends that did the Zombie Run 5K the same day in St Louis, MO! Looks like it was fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment