Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cupcake Crazy

Yesterday I got on a kick of cupcakes for some reason... and I may have gone a little overboard, but oh well! I had finished making a wedding cake that had a lemon curd filling, and I had some of it left over. I decided to make some strawberry cupcakes and fill them with the lemon curd, just so it wouldn't go to waste. As I was making them, I thought about who I should give them to (because otherwise Brandon and I would sit there and eat the entire batch) and I decided to make a "give-away" on my facebook page. I said that if 20 people "liked" my status, I would draw a random person to get a free dozen of the cupcakes, and if 40 people "liked" it, then I would pick out another name.

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes -- strawberry cake, lemon curd filling, lemon buttercream, strawberry fruit snack on top)

It was fun to check and see the comments and look who "liked" the page, and I think it helped more people to see what I can do, which is cool. I am thinking about doing it on a monthly basis and having a little cupcake give-away and I mapped out flavors for every month...



July – Red White and Blueberry Swirl
(blueberry and cherry swirled cake, white buttercream)

August – Cookies-n-Cream
(chocolate cake, white buttercream with crushed oreos)

September – Carmel Apple
(white cake, apple filling, white buttercream, caramel drizzle)

October – Pumpkin Spice
(pumpkin cake, cream cheese frosting)

November – Cranberry Almond
(white cake with cranberries, almond cream cheese frosting)

December – Cool Chocolate Mint
(Chocolate cake, chocolate ganache filling, mint frosting)

January – Aunt Lois’s Cake
(Orange cake, pineapple/whipped frosting)

February – Chocolate Covered Strawberry
(chocolate cake, strawberry filling, pink buttercream)

March – Banana Nut
(banana cake, chopped nuts, brown sugar frosting)

April – Red Velvet
(red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting)

May – Chocolate Peanut Butter
(chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting)

All this being said, since I am giving them away for free, it could get a little expensive, so I may have to take off a month here and there. My goal is to make some awesome cupcakes to share & make people happy (obviously), and secondly to help spread the word and hopefully getting a little more paid business. Have any suggestions for flavors?? Want to order something?? Check out my FB page (Amy Cakes Bake Shop) and shoot me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment