Friday, January 10, 2014

Fancy Fish and Army Cake

Lat week Brandon came home with some trout and I decided to try baking it with a fancy crust. It turned out really good, so when by brother Brian came over this weekend, I decided to try it again with salmon.
I started by going to Costco and getting a massive slab of salmon. Brandon and I got them a lot in the summer and would grill it and they are pretty good priced. I took the salmon and cut it into portion sized pieces, then dipped them in plain flour. Next I dipped them in an egg wash. For the last coating, I mixed together  garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, crushed walnuts, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. I didn't have a recipe, I just mixed and stirred until it looked good to me. Once all the sides of the fish were coated, I put them in a 9x13 pan and baked it at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes, until the fish was nice and flaky. It turned out pretty yummy, if you ask me, and we have plenty of leftovers! Double win!
Today I also finished an order from "Amy Cake's Bake Shop" for an Army themed brownie cake. I think it turned out pretty cute :) The cake it actually a thicker brownie with buttercream frosting and fondant accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment