Monday, December 3, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

So I realize that most people probably know how to make cookies, but I love Oatmeal Raisin so much I had to post this. Nothing fancy here, I just use the recipe on the lid of the Quaker Oat can.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 lbs (2 sticks) softened butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
2 eggs (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups old fashioned oats (uncooked)
1 cup raisins (I used more like 2 cups b/c I love raisins)

DIRECTIONS
1) Beat butter and sugars together until creamy
2) Add eggs and vanilla, mix well
3) Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Slowly add to butter mixture and beat until well blended.
4) Stir in oats and raisins
5) Drop by rounded spoonfuls unto a greased cookie sheet
6) Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes
7) Let cookies sit on pan for about 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool
*this made about 45 cookies for me :) YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment