Friday, August 30, 2013

Meatballs

I don't know if I have shared this recipe before or not... but it is one of my favorites that my mom used to make when I was growing up. It is for meatballs with a yummy sauce over top. You could always shape this into a meatloaf, but she would make little meatballs instead so it would be easier to serve.

For the meatballs:
1 1/2 to 2 lbs ground beef
3 Tbs onion or onion flakes
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 egg (beaten)
3/4 cup milk
mix together and form into 8 meatballs
bake at 350 for 1 hour

For the sauce:
1/4 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Divide the sauce evenly over the meatballs for the last 15 minutes of baking
(PS- I LOVE the sauce, so I always double it... the recipe above it just a single batch though)

and there you have it... pretty simple, tasty, and reminds me of home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment