Sunday, October 13, 2013

Vegas Bomb Cupcakes

**Notice**
This blog post has some things that may be unfamiliar to people who do not frequent bars, alcohol, or energy drinks (ie: my mom), so you will find descriptors in the parentheses. Enjoy! (and don't get too mad at me, Mom :) )

I have had several requests to make cupcakes that incorporate the flavors of a Vegas Bomb (an alcoholic drink, Mom). I can't say that I have ever had one, or if I have I can't remember it (sorry, Mom). However, I have been told it has peach schnapps, coconut rum, Crown Royal (a whiskey, Mom), and Red Bull (an energy drink, Mom). I guess you take all the liqueurs in a shot glass and then fill another glass half way with Red Bull. Then, drop the shot glass in the bigger glass and shoot it (drink it all really fast, Mom). So today I attempted to make some cupcakes using those flavors.

I made my regular white cake batter, but substituted some of the liquid with Red Bull (it gives you wings, Mom), then put in a peach preserve filling, and topped them with a Crown Royal buttercream (yep, that's booze in the frosting, Mom). I then sprinkled coconut flakes on top for the finishing touch.

(Here they are, Mom!)



No comments:

Post a Comment